Friday, August 14, 2009

illo Magazine Issue #2

Illo is a gorgeous, high-quality magazine about contemporary illustration, produced by Daniel Zimmer. Discerning art connoisseurs might already be familiar with his other wonderful publication, Illustration, which focuses on the history of the art form.

The second issue of Illo is now on the stands, featuring interviews with and lots of gorgeous art by such great illustrators as James Gurney, Nancy Stahl and Zina Saunders. In a stroke of crazy good luck, I also happen to be featured in the issue. There's a very long and exhaustive interview with me and a lot of my artwork.

I got my copies in the post this week, and I have to say, I was utterly humbled to be included in such a beautiful publication and in the company of such incredible artists. They even put me on the cover, which will probably make my mom extremely happy.

You can find Illo #2 on newstands and bookstores now, but you can also check out images of the entire magazine on its website here.